Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lunch Report: Mark's Outing or Fatty's...

Some guys at work told me about this place in San Antonio not too far from the Alamodome on the east side of town.  Hearing their descriptions of juicy burgers and freshly made onion rings, I knew this was a place I'd need to try for myself.  So after a morning of yard work, Eva and I took the trip into SA and found ourselves at Fatty's Burger which is also named Mark's Outing
You can read the back story on their web page, but rest assured, Fatty Burger makes sense.
Inside the old building, things are cool, clean and comfortable.  A friendly staff and atmosphere (free WiFi) made the reasonable wait for our food seem short.  And when the baskets of burgers came out, we were both oohing and awing at the sights and smells.
Eva ordered the Fatty Burger special which included seasoned fries and a drink.  The grilled bun seemed sweet like the Hawaiian buns you can get at HEB, and boy were they good.   Everything was fresh, including the burger patty.  This meal alone will fill you up, promise.
Of course, I always want more, so I opted for what they call the Breakfast burger.  Think half-pound bacon cheeseburger with and egg on top.  More like Breakfast of Champions Burger!  I hate when you have to ask for mayo on a burger.  Not to worry; it was slathered on with extreme prejudice!  This is one of the best burgers I've had in a long time.  In fact, I'll be needing to return to try some of the others like the BBQ Burger that has brisket on top of the beef, or the Jalapeno burger.  You know that will be good.

Let's not forget the importance of good onion rings.  These were perfect, beer battered and beautiful.  I'm pretty sure I'll need to schedule an appointment with the cardiologist - that's how good they were.
Don't take my word for it, check this place out and decide for yourself.  I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me, Fatty's is a Tasty Treat!

1 comment:

Brigid said...

I need to find some excuse to go to San Antonio. Those look wonderful.