Thursday, January 30, 2014

ManCave Update: Primer on the Screen...

On Wednesday evening I decided to put the primer coat on our screen and do a little electrical work.  It was pretty obvious with the first coat that the drywall was sucking it right up.
In the end, I went ahead and used the entire quart.  I can see I'll need to sand out a few little blemishes, but by this afternoon, I was pretty pleased with how it all dried (it looks much better than this 4th photo shows).  More pictures on the next update when I paint it with the special screen paint I bought from Sherman-Williams.

This weekend I intend to finish the electrical, mount the projector, and mount the speakers in the walls.  Of course, I still need to purchase a sub-woofer and a center channel speaker, but we'll see.

No comments: