Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's Not the Heat...

It really isn't all that hot when you shut all the blinds, crank up the A/C and sit yourself inside until the sun goes down and the temperature drops into the high 90's.  Our weather guy said the 108 was a record for San Antonio on Saturday, but I can assure you, it was a lot hotter than that out here.  I guess I'll put off mowing until the 4th of July weekend.
In the mean time, Adirondack # 3 looks like it might need another coat of stain.  You can see my plan - slowly replace all of our assorted cheaper chairs with the Adirondacks.  I think a dozen would be nice, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I'm starting on #4 today, and I also need to build some of the foot stools that match the shape.  I think that will be fairly easy.  The other thing we are considering is painting them instead of staining.  Eva saw a picture of four Adirondacks all painted a different color - like red, blue, yellow and green.  I'm not sure I like that idea, but I could see painting them a single color since obviously, my staining skills just aren't there yet.

In other news...

I have a colleague at work who came into the office from a smoke break outside and reported that some jerk had backed his truck right up to his car and used it for a stop sensor. 
The black square thing on the front of the BMW is the license plate holder.  My friend left a note on the truck, something very polite, I'm sure.  No damage was done, but Jeez - that's pretty rude.

I know what you are thinking - the shocking part of this story is that people actually still smoke.

This morning Eva is working on a craft she saw posted on Facebook.  Apparently, everybody has seen the same picture of these glow-in-the-dark planters.  The idea is, you paint this stuff on something and it absorbs the light during the 108 degree weather, then at night, it glows.  We drove around for an hour before finally stopping in a Wal Mart and finding some paint.  The people at Lowe's and Home Depot were all sold out.
I'll post a picture of what it looks like when I actually see them glow at night.

2 comments:

MsBelinda said...

Way to go with those adirondack chairs!

That driver of that pick-up is a real jerk to do that and more than deserved "the polite" message left by your friend.

I have never heard of glowing paint but then again I am not that much into crafts.

Kathleen Scott said...

Thanks for your comment at Hill Counry Mysteries. I admit to a soft spot for fawns too. But herds are hard. In the last drought: http://hillcountrymysteries.com/2011/05/in-jailhouse-now.html

Love your adirondack chairs! Staining is a pain. I just finished our front doors and the only things I like about it are that the wood is protected; and I won't have to do it again for 5 years.