Thursday, December 27, 2012

Presents Report: This is a Test...

This is my first attempt at writing a blog using the new Dragon Naturally Speaking software that my daughter and son-in-law bought me for Christmas. It took me about 30 minutes to set it up and have it learn my voice. The idea is, I can speak into the microphone and write a blog without having to type.
 The weird thing about this is, I'm looking at the blog software and it doesn't seem natural to speak at it as the letters get typed.  But they say with a little practice you can get comfortable using it.  We'll see!
In addition to this cool software, I also got a cover for the back of my pickup truck. 
Eva got a new iPad from Santa Claus this year, but she's having some issues with it learning how to sync her photos and such.  In a few weeks I'm sure everything will be fine and she'll be using her iPad just as easily as she uses her phone.  Until then, I think I'll be going to work early and staying late.  If you happen to be driving along I-35 near Natalia and see an iPad with a purple cover laying on the side of the road, you'll know that she gave up and tossed it out the window of the truck.  Hitchhikers, beware!
The best present we got of all however, was the news that our daughter Roxanne and her husband Tyler have an assignment to San Antonio and will be moving here in May.  I am hoping by then, I will be completely proficient in dictating blogs.

2 comments:

MsBelinda said...

I have heard of that software but you are the first person that I know (cybernetically speaking) that has one. Seems like a handy piece of software.

I know you and Eva most be very happy that your daughter and son-in-law are moving to San Antonio.

I think Santa took my presents to your house :(

JACKIESUE said...

ah dave...that's terrific..and I would love to have one of those talk and type thingies...