Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Daily Deer...

I sifted through a mere 3,300 images this morning to grab a few that I find entertaining.  Oh, these little deer, how they often make me giggle.

Take this guy, just now getting some horns.  When he does something bad, he can look in the mirror and say, "the devil made me do it."  As we like to say, que cute.
And perhaps, this is dad or at least an older brother.  Funny thing happened the other night.  I walked out on the back patio to let Gracie out and I stood there looking into the yard.  This guy was standing in our yard about 30 feet off the patio.  He looked at me with one of those looks of, "if I don't move, he won't see me."  Gracie, ever vigilant, stood by my side and looked but tried to act like she didn't see him.  You see, ordinarily, if there is any sound of deer, Gracie will take off running full speed which naturally, causes the deer to skedaddle.  But usually, she does this when the deer are on the other side of the fence.  This time, seeing the deer so close and without the protection of the fence, the poor dog nearly tinkled.  Quietly, the buck began to move away from us and at the point it heard Gracie twitch, it took a quick jump and glided easily over the fence.  I assure you, Gracie was the one relieved at the quick departure.
My favorites are the little, Gracie-sized deer.  How can you look at this and not want to just pet it?  Of course, I understand those who look at it and see a future plate of venison jerky, but for now, let's just enjoy the cuteness.

2 comments:

BobG said...

We don't have whitetail here in Utah; all our dear are big ornery mulies. Lots of meat on them, though.

Brigid said...

Merry Christmas! Hope the season, both hunting and holiday, have been good to you.