Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Daily Deer...

Since we have opened up the fence between our two lots, I've been in the process of training the deer to to pose for pictures in the back of the house instead of on the side.  The training process is fairly simple involving the moving of the camera and the feed. 
Anyway, the lots behind us are totally uncleared and the deer seem to spend a lot of time back there during the day.  This pictures above gives an idea of how thick it is.  Before it was fenced, I've chased Gracie through there and the end result is stickers for both of us.  The deer seem to have a much easier time with stickers.
This is a friendly buck who came by for a snack. 
And I am still pretty fond of these little deer.  You'd think that by now I would have grown tired of all these pictures, but I still find them entertaining.  And the deer respect my fence, so far.  If they start coming over to eat plants, we may have an issue, but for now, they've been well behaved diners. 

1 comment:

Steve said...

Dave, I sure enjoy your pictures of your property and the deer. Reminds me of how much I miss living in the "country". Steve