Friday, June 8, 2012

Lunch Report: Big Lou's...

You know about Big Lou's Pizza on W.W. White in San Antonio because you watch Man Vs. Food.  They serve a huge, and I mean HUGE pizza that serves everyone at the table. 
 They have a guy bring this thing out lifted above his head, and a second server has to make sure the entire table is cleared of glasses and plates and such, just so they can lay it down.
On my visit today, I asked the people at a table near me if I could take a picture of the huge pie that had just been presented, and they were still in shock giving me a semi-conscious approval to point my phone at their feast.  You need to understand what you are looking at in the picture above.  That is a full size table that seats 6 to 8 people, and that pizza is touching the edges from side to side.
At my table,a co-worker ordered a 10 inch pizza with everything they offer minus anchovies.  I've had a pizza in my day, and when I was offered a piece just to test things out, I have to tell you this was a serious winner. 

I ordered with a few other guys and we got a 16 inch sausage and pepperoni.  Sorry, no picture.  It took over 35 minutes to get it to our table and before I could snap a picture, there were several pieces gone.  I will say that it was a damn fine pizza - better than most in fact, but the slice I had from the 10 inch pizza with everything was so incredibly good that I had lost interest.

The guy sitting next to me ordered a Calzone that was just huge and fantastic looking.  I must return for one of those.  A guy sitting a few chairs down ordered some spaghetti and it was both huge and good looking.  In short, Big Lou's offers a lot of big food and the good news is, from what I could tell, it was all good!

Eva and I plan to go back soon so we can take better pictures and eat more awesome pizza.


2 comments:

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

that's about the size of the large size at pizza house..I like the zombie..which is the works with jalapeno and anchovies.

Dave said...

I love jalapenos but the thought of anchovies gives me the creeps. Though in all fairness, I've never actually tried one.