Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cleared...

It almost looks like a sandy beach or at least an island of quicksand now that the men have come through with the tractors and back hoes.
I say quicksand because walking through this property results in a bucket of sand in the shoes and a drop of at least 4 to 6 inches with each step.  We should tape ourselves walking back and forth and sell it as a work out video.  Of course, some rain and some grass will help.
That big pile of branches and dead trees that was stacked up went up in flames first thing Monday morning.
By the time I got home it was a pile of ash with a few logs still going.  The lead guy told me it would burn all night and through today, but no need to worry.  Of course I worried.  With winds and such stoking the embers, there was a visible flame even at 5:30 this morning when I took the dogs out.




Some fun movies of the work.

No comments: