Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Daily Deer: Raccoons and Kisses...

Friday evening we saw a bunch of deer heading off into the huge ranch that backs up to our sub-division and in chatting with our neighbor, we all agreed that we hadn't seen a whole lot of deer activity in a while.  It was nice to see them in daylight, just to know it isn't all some hoax perpetrated by NASA or Marlin Perkins.  And that of course prompted me to go check on the deer camera.

Interestingly, we see the interaction of a little deer and his little dinner guest, the raccoon. If the images are too small to see, click on them for a better view.
Here, the raccoon seems to be hiding in the tree.  You can see his eyes and the little deer takes note of him.
 Next, the small beast has moved into the eating area and the deer is still a bit skittish.  
Now the two have decided to dine together.  I'm sure they'll be trading recipes and consulting on the best lots in the neighborhood for free food.

Now, proof, so says my wife, that I am still a 12 year-old boy.  I know, but I just can't help myself.  Think about the movie Ferris Bueller and think of dean of students, Ed Rooney.  You remember that voice right?
"Pucker up, buttercup!"
"Smooch my big white butt."

And this is why I have a deer camera.  Not to hunt deer, but to amuse myself with entertaining captions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't take him anywhere !!

rescuepurplekisses said...

Looks like butt-kisser is a mama-to-be. I can't wait to see the little spotted babies this year!