Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Daily Deer...

It has become obvious to me that the usual bucks keep coming back for a little snackage and they really have only so many different poses. 
Like these two guys.  They like to come by all the time.  They have a third who was probably hiding in the trees waiting his turn I suppose.  Wouldn't it be a little more exciting if they would do something besides eat and make the occasional funny face?  Honestly, I want so bad to look at the pictures one day and see that a deer strolled in for a quick bite to eat and, oh by the way, had a little monkey in a red vest and Shriner's fez riding on his back.  If something like that happens, I'll be sure to post it.
By the way, if you are wondering what the scenery looks like in the morning when the deer have gone off to wherever they go, this is it.  Notice the tiny brown hump on the ground just above the 03 in the picture?  That is what remains of the protein block we put out when it started getting cold.  I think the deer prefer our vegetables, bread and corn. 

4 comments:

AlanDP said...

Leave them some apple slices.

Dave said...

They get apple slices on Sundays. That's when Eva realizes that I don't eat an apple every day of the week, even though we replenish the stock as if I did. The deer dig that.

Linda Medrano said...

The place you live looks magical. I know deer can be pesky, but to me, nothing is more beautiful. I'm really charmed by the beauty of where you live.

Dave said...

Thank you. We just happen to have a big yard in a yet to be fully developed sub-division. 20 years from now, we'll probably be burdened with too many homes, too many cars and people complaining about deer eating their plants and demanding somebody do something about it. I really hope it stays just like it is for as long as possible.