Saturday, March 17, 2012

Eating In (Out)...

I'm not gonna lie.  We probably eat out way too much, which probably contributes to my excessive girth and constant downing of suppository-sized Metformin tablets to keep my Diabetes in check.  You need look no further than the archives of this blog or the predecessor to know that Eva and I can't pass up on a chance to try a new burger place, some good barbecue or a place that offers up some southern fried catfish.  
 But today was different.  We took advantage of the incredible weather and spent the day working on yard related projects.  And after some surgical mowing to avoid offending any Bluebonnets, we had breakfast on the back patio where I admired my back yard.  As I mowed, Eva had whipped up some pancakes, bacon and eggs - over easy.  A little juice and a view was all I needed.

We did leave our house briefly, since Office Depot and Lowe's were on our to-do list, but once back at the house, we spent several hours hitting projects in the yard.  I busted out the power washer and made more of a mess than it was worth to clean the mowers and the grills.  Eva planted a bunch of new bushes and we did some leveling work on our front patio.  
 By dinner time, there was really no reason to go looking for a better place to eat when we had a clean grill, seasoned steaks and some veggies at the ready.  Add a few cool drinks and our favorite view, and you have to wonder why we leave this place at all.  

Okay, let's not go crazy.  Tomorrow, I'll need my breakfast taco fix.  But it is nice to enjoy what we have.
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what it's all about--the food and view at your own place! Food looks great...especially the steaks.

Anonymous said...

I believe Dave makes the best Steaks in town :) He marinates them just right so they are tender from start to finish ..

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

wow..I'm green with envy

Anonymous said...

were did you get the margarita glass? way cool!