Friday, February 10, 2012

My HEB...

What the hey?  When they opened the new HEB Plus in Lytle back behind the old HEB, we had heard rumors that they would turn the empty building into space for a bunch of smaller stores.  
I guess someone had a different idea.  I drove by this afternoon, and this is what was left.

So, if anyone is taking suggestions, I'd like to submit the following ideas: First and foremost, a Jim's.  I'd also like to suggest a pool supply place so I don't have to drive into San Antonio to purchase chemicals for the hot tub.  If they could fit it in, I suspect a Clear Springs Catfish Restaurant would do very nicely out here.  My wife would like a Starbuck's so she can use the gift card I bought her for Christmas.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

6 comments:

Radclyffe said...

What kind of store is HEB? I love your suggestion for the shopping center. It's ironic how the stores we need are often so far away. Hope you get your pool supply and Starbucks for your wife. Mmmmmm, Starbucks! Haven't had coffee from them in years. You know, I have to run errands later and will be driving past one...I think you just inspired me to stop and give myself a treat! Thanks

Dave said...

HEB is a grocery chain here in Texas. Think of Kroger, Publix, Safeway, but bigger and more Texas'y!

rescuepurplekisses said...

I'd heard rumors of an Academy going in, but I guess not. I vote for Starbucks too!!

Dave said...

I'd be cool with Academy. Maybe they could have a little Starbucks kiosk on the inside!

mojosalsa said...

That's what they did with the Marbach HEB. We thought they were going to tear it down too, but they took it to the point in your pic, and then made a strip mall out of it.

Dave said...

I think you are right mojosalsa. They have not torn down anymore of the structure but are continuing to do work.