Saturday, February 11, 2012

Burger Report: Lord's Kitchen...

It has been entirely too long since we stopped into The Lord's Kitchen which is located off of I-35 near the New Braunfels exit by Fort Sam Houston and downtown.  We haven't been in a while and there really isn't an excuse.  
Since I first found The Lord's Kitchen in 2008, I have told countless numbers of people that in San Antonio, it is my favorite burger.  Oh sure, I've had my share of really good burgers and am always open to recommendations, but if you are looking for an old fashioned, hand made burger on a grilled bun with enough grease dripping down your forearms when you take a bite to heat a small village, you need look no further than Lord's.  And for the record, yes, I rate Lord's above Chris Madrid's.
The place looks like they have spiffed it up a bit since our last visit.  New paint and such.  From the street you can smell the goodness coming from inside.

Once you are inside, you will find a small dining area filled with lots of memorabilia.   Something you will rarely find is this many empty places to sit.  We hit in the later afternoon between lunch and dinner, so lucky for us!
Eva had a 1/4 pound bacon cheeseburger with a side order of onion rings.  I love the onion rings at Lord's! 
I went with the half-pound bacon cheeseburger and added in some grilled jalapenos.  I got fries on the side so we could both share a little of each.  An important note about the fries:  Ask for them to be cooked crispy.  Every person I know who is a fan of Lord's complains about the fries being undercooked.  Order them extra cooked and you'll be fine.
One of the biggest concerns I have always had about finding a good place to get a great burger is that over time, they tend to want to cut costs and in the process, the quality goes down.  I'm happy to report that Lord's continues to put forth an awesome burger and it ranks right up there as one of if not the favorite for me. 
They are closed on Sundays, and lunch during the weeks is guaranteed to be crowded, but worth the wait.  Whenever you decide to go, wear your eatin' britches and get ready for a Tasty Treat.

1 comment:

Jeff Bauer said...

That does it! Fat, juicy cheeseburgers and French fries for dinner tonight - cholesterol be damned!

My future cardiologist says "thanks in advance", Dave ...