Friday, January 27, 2012

Random Photo Report: 300

I have an ongoing project of scanning in the hard copy photographs that fill boxes of photo albums throughout the house. As I was going through yet another shoebox full of pictures taken over the years, tossed in no particular order, I stumbled upon a picture of my Dad's Chrysler. 
My father is and has always been a Chrysler man.  It would take a spreadsheet to adequately list the models and corresponding years associated with the fleet of Chrysler products our family has driven and known.  And my father could, with encyclopedic accuracy, provide you with the specifications necessary to change your oil or swap your head gasket.  He doesn't turn a wrench as often these days, but he loves his 300.

3 comments:

Jeff Bauer said...

What a sweet ride! Way back when the 300's made their debut, a close friend worked at a Chrysler dealership and was kind enough to toss me the keys to his 300 "company car". "Take it for the day" he said.

Had I been in any kind of financial shape to swing it, I would have bought one the next day. What an awesome car!

Now all these years later, I find myself having just bought a gently used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition. It's no 300, but it's an equally awesome ride in its own way. And I'm almost getting used to people calling it ... uh, cute.

The best part is that there's no monthly payment booklet!

rescuepurplekisses said...

My dad was a Chrysler man too. I think he would've said the 300 looked like a gangster car and bought one for himself.

Jeff Bauer said...

God bless Small Dead Animals (dot com) for this related post:

Cash for Clunkers

Don't forget the heh link and the comments...