Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dead Wood and Spurs...

One of the first things we will need to do once we take possession of the new property is get Manuel and the guys from River City out to clear up a lot of trees and brush.  It isn't so bad that we couldn't try to tackle it ourselves non-stop for a month, but seriously, we are going to be too busy with all the other things you have to do when you move in to a house.
 The surveyors have been out to post those little pink streamers indicating the four corners of the lot and my son and I walked back to see just how far the land goes back.  Yikes, lots of dead trees and some old fences posts toward the back.  
 Of course, we were covered in those stickers (in Florida, we called them Sand Spurs, in Texas, I think they call them Sticker Burrs) and had to brush them all off before getting back in the truck.  The dog is going to hate this.  I suspect she will remain an inside dog with only occasional walks way out back until we really get the place under control.In the mean time, I suspect boots and jeans will be required wear.

Oh, we did see a couple of good sized deer walking out back but the minute they heard us, they took off into the brush.  I was actually holding my camera when my son pointed them out to me but I didn't even think to take a picture.  Next time

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Really, it is not necessary to have a photograph of every memorable moment. Save a few for the mine. SMILE